Everything You Need To Know About Dussehra
The Dussehra festival in India was first celebrated in the year 1826 by the people of Sangamagrama. It was an annual festival in which people would come together and celebrate the marriage of a Hindu god with a demoness. The celebration was celebrated in the month of Chaitra.
Dussehra occurs on the last day of the 10 days celebration of the Navratri festival. During these days Ramlila is celebrated. Ramayana's central topic is the conflict between the god and the devil and how good ultimately triumphs. It shows the defeat of Ravana, the monster with ten heads, by Lord Rama. We also commemorate the victory of Goddess Durga through the Mahishasur at this time of year.
"Dussehra" is the Hindu festival of the harvest season. It is one of the major Hindu religious celebrations. It is celebrated across India and is celebrated with great pomp and joy. Each year, Dussehra typically takes place in September or October. This year Dussehra is to be celebrated on the 5th of October, Wednesday. Different types of unique celebrations will be held across.
Apart from celebrating through Garba or burning of Ravan, this auspicious occasion calls for the exchange of handmade Dussehra gifts. Make your close ones feel special by sending dussehra gifts online through iTokri. Giving them hand crafted gifts for Dussehra will make them happy and end their day on a positive note. Choose the ideal gift for your friends or family by exploring our wide range of Dussehra Tikka Gifts.
Buy Dussehra Gifts From iTokri At The Best Prices
Dussehra also marks the beginning of festivals like bhai dooj and the new year. At this day the older people typically place Jamara and Tikka, which stand for blessings and affection, on the foreheads of the younger people. Through our Dussehra gifts you can make your friends and family feel valued and convey your admiration for them. Choose gifts from a wide selection we offer based on the preferences of everyone, and we will quickly ship your valuable order at your doorstep. Now your task of ordering Dussehra Gifts Online has become easier with iTokri. Check out some fantastic options:
- Bastar Tribal Wrought Penal Diya / Candle Stand: This beautiful black and white candle stand is a perfect addition to your home decor for this Dussehra. Light up your diwali by lighting your house with diya on this wrought iron craft of bastar. This product is made completely from the scrap of iron that is collected from the home and markets in Bastar, Chhattisgarh,
- Elephant Handpainted Wooden Candle Holder: This haathi will always be the person you gift to Saathi. This handmade beautiful candle holder by Devendra Singh of Banaras is an ideal gifting option for any occasion. It can be used during diwali not only to light a diya but also as a stunning addition to your house decor.
- Sri Aurobindo Ashram - Areca Leaf Basket Gift Set (Assorted): A perfect gift basket curated specifically for the festive season of diwali. This cute little basket contains 4 Cylinder shaped candles, 2 Floating candles, 1 pack of small incense sticks with a ceramic stand & Marble stone Ganesha in areca leaf iTokri. You can gift this to you a little family member as well.
- Handmade Bead Work Natural Bamboo Tealight Candle Holder (Set of 6): 6 gorgeous looking candles packed together to make an amazing diya combo. Decorated with beads, these bamboo candles are all set to melt away your heart. Spread positivity with this colourful diyas.
- Dry Fruits Festive Gift Basket: Diwali is incomplete without dry fruits. Gift this basket full of delicious dry fruits to your friends and family. Made with high quality ingredients, these dry fruits contain no artificial preservatives and chemicals. Send your love and blessings to your loved ones along with iTokri.
Why Buy From iTokri?
Exclusive collection of premium gifts with more than 100 varieties in different shapes, designs and colours! What else do you wish for? Send Dussehra gifts online through iTokri with extreme love and care. You can also find Dussehra gifts for brothers on iTokri. Apart from this browse through our wide collection of Diwali sweets, diwali gifts, Karwak Chauth Sargi, Karwa Chauth Gifts, Diwali Gift Hampers, Premium Diwali Gifts, Diwali Gifts Under 1000, Laxmi Ganesh Idols, Diwali Pooja Thali, and Bhaidooj Gifts. Happy shopping!
Do you give gifts to Dussehra?
Yes. Gifting always adds to the happiness of any occasion. Celebration becomes more exciting with the exchange of gifts. On Dussehra you can give gifts to your friends and family members.
What should we buy on Dussehra?
On Dussehra, you can buy new jewellery or gold ornaments. It is considered good luck. The respective day is considered lucky hence, the beginning of any new step in your life can be done on this day.
What can I gift my wife on Dussehra?
There are various gifs that you can give your wife on Dussehra. If she has wished for a new kitchen accessory, jewellery, or a new phone, then this is the perfect time to gift her any of it. It is considered lucky to buy new things on Dussehra.
What is the date of Dussehra in 2022?
5th of October, Wednesday, is the date of Dussehra in 2022.
What are the rituals of Dussehra?
Dussehra is celebrated in different ways across parts of India. For example, in South India, people worship Goddess Sarawati and pray for a happy living. The burning of the Ravan statue is also a common ritual practised on Dussehra.