The Best Kept Secrets About Wooden Spoons
Adding wooden spoons is a better option if you want to add a traditional and authentic vibe to your kitchen. These are not only available for single-use purposes but for different uses; they are designed accordingly.
The purpose of some is to stir, while the purpose of others is to serve. In addition, some spoons are just for decoration. But no matter the purpose, a wooden cooking spoon and a wooden serving spoon is a kitchen essentials. You should get one if you haven't used it yet and experience the benefits.
Benefits of Wooden Spoons
Wooden spoons are both essential and underrated. And while they may not be as flashy as some other kitchen tools, they deserve a spot in your utensil drawer. Wooden spoons are the best for several reasons:
- These spoons are gentle on cookware. They won't leave scratches on your pots and pans, whether stirring a delicate sauce or scooping up some rice.
- They have a timeless look. You can use this type of spoon in kitchens for centuries, and are never going to be out of style.
- You can easily store them and take care. Unlike other kitchen utensils, they don’t need to be washed in hot water or put in the dishwasher. Just rinse them with soap and water, and they’re good to go.
- Metal spoons are susceptible to chemical reactions with acidic foods, but a spoon made up of wood doesn't.
- Food doesn't become chemically contaminated or taste strange when its hot because wooden spoons don't melt or leach chemicals.
A Guide to Clean Wooden Spoons
To keep the wooden spoon clean and long-lasting, we should keep some points in mind:
- Clean it properly by rubbing it with sandpaper and remove the foods that struck in the scratches. The remaining food may breed bacteria.
- Wash with lukewarm water and liquid soap.
- Scrub it in water mixed with vinegar in a 50:50 ratio as the use of vinegar help to get rid of the accumulation.
- These spoons inevitably become discoloured with regular use and absorb flavours and aromas. Therefore using lemon and baking soda while cleaning neutralises the odours and stains of previous cooking.
- The use of chemicals can also be helpful sometimes. If your spoon is likely to get infected with the growth of bacteria, you can use hydrogen peroxide to disinfect them.
These spoons are a great way to add a rustic touch to your kitchen. They are also a great to impress your guests with your cooking skills. In addition, our store is also well known for all types of home decor. However, buying a set of this type of wooden spoon online is a great investment for your kitchen.
At iTokri we have a good range of eco-friendly products dealing with rugs & carpets, mobile covers, etc at affordable prices. We also strive to provide the best quality products to our buyers. So don’t wait; explore our website soon and buy spoons online at minimum prices.
How Long Should You Keep Wooden Spoons?
It is always better to use wooden utensils like wooden trays and wooden cutlery than plastic ones. They are not only eco-friendly but also enhance your home interiors. But using the same spoon for a long time may cause health problems as it is mainly used in cooking and serving a purpose. Using wooden things is good as it has natural antimicrobial properties, making it difficult for germs to thrive. Despite their durability, they are not meant to last forever.
Sometimes wood may absorb moisture easily, promoting bacteria growth on its surface. If your spoons get cracked, discoloured, or suffer from soft spots, you should replace them every five years.
Which Type Of Wooden Spoon Is Best For Cooking?
The type and style of use are always recommendable when choosing the best cooking spoon. Commonly people use spoons made up of mahogany, hardwoods, and bamboo. But those who cook frequently should consider a spoon made from Mahogany because it shows low radical shrinkage. However, hardwoods are mostly used as cooking utensils because of their durability and breakage resistance.
What is the reason behind the holes in the middle of wooden spoons?
These holes make cooking much easier than using a big spoon for cooking. The main purpose of such type of spoon is perfect for stirring soups, stews, gravies, etc. However, holes in the middle are used mostly for cooking soups to allow liquid to pass through. It allows the ingredients to be combined uniformly when cooking food with high liquid content.
Should I Try To Keep Dry My Wooden Spoon?
Since wooden spoons won't scratch non-stick cookware, they're often used with non-stick cookware, which is more common in our households than steel spoons that cost more. As it is of wood, it needs some proper care.
After use, it should be washed properly and should be kept dry before using it. If we keep them wet, it may result in the growth of some fungi and bacteria over them, hampering their longevity. Therefore, it is always advised to keep them dry.